Monday, April 7, 2008

Training Monday, 4/7/08

Beautiful afternoon today, with temperatures in the low 60s. Haven't had a chance to replace the back tire on my bike yet (hoping to get that taken care of Wednesday afternoon), so I took Cricket the WonderDog on a jog around the neighborhood after work. She did pretty well for our first time out, although was a bit disconcerted by the garbage cans at the end of driveways in preparation for garbage pickup day. As always, she stuck beside me most of the time, and took off and tried to pull me when she was cheered on. The last couple months of workouts on the bike must have me in better shape than usual for this time of year, because Cricket ran out of gas before I did, and we took a few breathers to walk toward the end of our adventure (it's also her first time out running this year, and she is 20% heavier than she was last summer!).

Nutrition:
  • Breakfast -- Large decaf coffee
  • Lunch -- Chicken sandwich w/lettuce, onion rings
  • Dinner -- Hot dogs, baked beans, broccoli, leftover pizza (hodge podge of items and leftovers while meat in freezer defrosts)

No comments: